Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Strange Calm Has Settled Over Me

Since I arrived here I have settled into a very deep solemn mood, no sure what it is all about, reflecting on how shite life as a travelling engineer can really be. Once again there is really nothing to do here apart from having a few beers and talking shite with another load of old fart engineers reliving stories of past glories. Not really entertaining but better than Peru, I think the last Peru trip put me into this mood as I haven’t really had a proper break form work in almost 4 months, the relentless flying and no sleep is getting to me, I am in a deep need for some pampering and relaxing but I am not going to get it as I am off to Russia 1 week after I get back to Costa Rica. My time here has slid into the tidying up my bird book and getting some quotes for the CD duplication and web page design. I think I am being reckless selling this thing on the net as I will be liable for copyright infringement but that will be some years down the line. By then I could have my feet up retired on the beach in gods own back garden of Costa Rica. Project wise here things are going slowly, but without any detriment to my reputation, I know a wee bit more than the contractor engineers and that let's me talk down to them, I had a customer engineer come and start trying to give me the third degree over a part of the equipment and I was rather rude to him and lectured him about how easy it all was, he was apologising for his interruption and was backing out of the control room but I kept following him throwing words of lecture at him like stones. I do like it when I really do know more than some know-it-all engineer. Unfortunately the looming date of my trip to Russia is coming and I am trying not to think about it as one of the other controls engineers here has just returned from there only 6 weeks ago. He tells me how horrible the weather is and how bad the food is and how long the journey is. Tomorrow the pictures from frozen hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home