Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Around the World the Worng Way

I am once again at the mercy of airline food and crappy seats. I have flown 2/3 of the way around the world to get back to Sakhalin Island in Russia for my next instalment of the soap opera called “working for a living at the end of the world”.
I don’t know why my company thinks it is a good idea to fly me the wrong way around the globe but it must obviously involve the amount of money it cost, as the thought about how many nights sleep I lost and how my back feels really never came into the equation. I got here with all my bags but I did spend some time cursing in Seoul as I thought my bags had gotten left in Paris once more, the world’s worst airport. I also had to pay extra in Seoul for the flight as they couldn’t find my e-ticket, so my credit card must be getting to its limit.
Can you believe the nicest meal I had was a pot noodle with spicy sauce, and this was from the self service buffet. What is happening to Air France’s food these days, it all very average and not very tasty. The wine was rough as usual for French wine but I was feeling a little hung over as I had a few too many nice wines ( Chilean ) at a party we had at home the night before I flew, plus all the cake I consumed, far too much sugary stuff for my old body to endure.
Anyway I am here and the weather was very nice, again a surprise, lovely and sunny and fresh and I am hoping that this stays this way for the whole of October for my final trip and hopefully global warming is having its desired effect in Russia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home