Thursday, September 14, 2006

Global Warming and Sakhalin

Well the weather here has turned for the better and today was far too warm for warm weather clothing and maybe even reached 75F, this is nice as I love the warm weather and I am decidedly not looking forward to anything like frost or snow. Anyhow life is looking up as I am getting out for some rest at home for about 12 days and then coming back for a month, this may seem strange flying all the way around the world just to pump up my Airmiles but I am in need of some relaxation in my own bed and some time with my beautiful wife in the tropical sunshine of Buddha’s own back garden of Costa Rica. The fact I have got a short visa means I am having to squeeze in my last rotation here with only those few days at home, but on the other hand it means I finish this year in November and I will refuse to work until after Christmas. The couple of pics I am posting shows this place is a sandy wasteland and is designed for bears and wolves only. No-one in their right mind would actually want to live here just circumstances force people to stay, all the younger generation are leaving for the bright lights of Moscow and probably Dubai. Come one what would you prefer, 8 months of freezing your ass off in Sakhalin or eating mangos and drinking beer on the beach in Thailand. Yes exactly, we all like the sunshine and warm weather, if we all had wings we would be migrating with the rest of the feathered variety.




this is what they call a slug catcher, now i am not joking honestly, no we do pump oil and it sometimes is a slug. go and google it if you dont belive me




This is the turbine i am looking after, a crazy duel fuel Dry low NOX horribly complicated system. like something out of mad max. they will regret buying this thing very shortly i think


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home