Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Its Out In the Open Now

Ahoy all shipmates, the latest news today is that someone actually read my blog, this news is good for me as a blogger but the problem was he works for the company i am leaving and he was shocked to hear me bleating on about starting a new job in Australia, so he calls everyone and everyone calls me, well actually my site lead here in Italy asked me if it was true and i had to Confess it was true and i had to issue a resignation letter to my contracting agency. I have had nothing in the mailbox yet about it but I am sure I will. I feel pretty bad about how it has all ended, i had such high hopes for this project but I am losing money on this deal, I used to work on hourly rates which is isn't great but i get paid for the hours I work but here i am on a day rate and I am doing shitloads of hours and making nothing extra for it, plus when i found out i would be working in Singapore 7 days a week and maybe 7 days a week in Angola I would be making no extra money, I popped in to see my old company as my office was not 100 meters from my new one in Florence, just to say hello to all the old folks and I told them all about my work and it must have prompted them to think how they could tempt me back, They offered me probably the best job they have and to top it all they told me they would pay my taxes and two fully paid holidays to anywhere in the world plus luxury apartment in Darwin with car and a daily allowance, cant get better than this, who could blame me for jumping ship, I will probably make double the money I am making now and working less hours. Lovely Jubbly

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger slyght said...

that does suck that it went down that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home