Monday, August 13, 2007

Waiting Game For Oz

Has anyone ever waited for a holiday of a lifetime to come around, I am counting down the days and really i don't have the exact date yet as it all depends on how long the Visas take to arrive. I am checking out accommodation and it appears very expensive but i am not bothered about that as the company is paying and I can't plan the school for my little girl and I can't plan much until i actually get out there and speak to the existing manager on the plant, hopefully he will be able to guide me through all that tricky stuff like where to live and where to go drinking and where not to tell jokes about heavy drinking Australians. I have been checking out the phone book for my mothers maiden name and found only 100 of them in the western state phone book, I know my Cousin was the 400 meters runner for Australia in the 1966 Olympic games so she may not be that hard to track down, plus they will probably be all related anyway. So where do I get a house, in Darwin centre for the nightlife and shops, in the suburbs for the quiet life with close by schools or out in the countryside with snakes and Kangaroos and the other things that are out there, each one has its advantages and drawbacks, I think we will end up in the suburbs so we are close enough to shops and reduce the drive to work in a morning as it is about 25 miles,

This is what i have been looking at, a nice Little house on the northern edge of Darwin and with a school and hospital close by and hopefully with cycling lanes everywhere., I need to get rid of my growing beer belly by doing some exercise










1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger slyght said...

that place looks NICE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home