Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Full Day in Karratha, outback Australia

Today is officially my last full day in Australia, I am leaving and i managed to resolve the last couple of problems that were plaguing me. I can leave with a clear conscience, tonight we are having a leaving party joint with a my working companion here, Mark who's birthday it is today. We are going to the Icon a brand new poncy place that is charging crazy prices and wine is a $40 tab. The prices for everything up here in this mining town, are just insane at the moment, there are too many people and too much money about and far too many operators who want to take your money away. There is such a boom up here in the mining industry they are paying big money and this makes folks leave there regular jobs and work in the mines and support industries. So shops and restaurants are having to close down as they have no-one to work for them. There is a restaurant that had 52 people work for them over 12 months and ended up closing as it could cope, houses are too expensive and almost nothing to do while here apart from nature things and boating around the islands, That is nice but you can only do that for so long before you go stir crazy. I am facing a 36 hour flight and a transit through the date line so i am going to be a time traveller, that is a bizarre thing to deal with landing before you take off. I am planning many thing but all is up in the air as who knows what work offers i may get over the next month, it will have a to be a good one to keep me away from having fun in the tropical paradise of Costa Rica with my beautiful wife and my little girl. Lets see what santa brings for me, i have done my time and deserve a little bit of luck with my next job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home