Monday, October 06, 2008

Holiday in the UK for Christmas

I am planning to have my Christmas in the UK for the first time in Gawd knows how many years, I am not sure what has prompted me to think about the UK for my holidays as I normally like to go to sunny climes, but after not getting back for about a year and perhaps even missing the Christmas spirit as Costa Rica the Christmas thing is both too spirtual and too hot and too over-commercial, as the shops are open christmas day and boxing day and basically not closed as they need to keep making money, Last year i actually had some gardeners cleaning out my garden and putting in a patio on Christmas day, I was eating Turkey while watching 2 guys digging out my patio 8 feet away, so this year I am going "Home" and staying with my big sister and kicking the nephew out of his double bed and taking over the house for 3 weeks. I am looking forward to cold weather as i am now claiming my jetlag is being made worse by not feeling cold at night, It is 2 weeks since i got back home to Costa Rica and it is never cold and the place I am living in right now is hotter than the last house as it has a flat roof and can get very warm at night, we are going to move house sometime soon maybe early next year as i am tied in to a 12 month contract, so who knows where i may end up, I will have to take note of all options, Jobs, cost of heating-cooling, nice beaches, I have a house in Spain that i haven't lived in for 6 years and is only used by my sister for holidays so i may take a year in Spain, it is fully furnished and ready to roll, so that would be an easy option.

Plus it has been incredibly rainy here, it rained solidly all day last wednesday to the point it flooded a local neighbourhood to bout 4 feet deep and this is when we have a river gorge of over 100 feet locally,




I went out for a meal on friday night to a Peruvian restaurant and i was laughing as when we got inside it was built over the local small river, and you could hardly hear yourself speak with the rushing noise of the water. plus it was damned expensive so I will not be going back there again. So if i want a pause from the rain perhaps spain is a good option as it is on the edge of becoming part of the sahara desert, but i will need A/C for the summer couple of months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home