Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mexico City Airport, what a nice surprise

Last week I flew through Mexico city airport and I was really surprised at how nice and airy and spacious it was, I arrived in Terminal 2 I think, not sure but it was huge enough for me to have to put on my driving glasses to look around the very large high and open architecture, plus I was lost and looking for my connection, normally it is easy enough to just look at the departure board and see your own flight on it, but I couldn't locate my flight, nothing to San Jose Costa Rica. So i was a little lost, I ended up at the information counter, and do you know i had forgotten the name of the connecting carrier. I arrived on AeroMexico, and Ok airline with newish planes, and all I had with me was my boarding pass stub and on it was an MX, this meant nothing to me, the girl put me right and told me it was for Mexicana and pointed me to the Mexicana ticket sales office, they told me that it was in Terminal 1, so i was in the wrong terminal. They pointed me to the train, yes train connection that you use to get to the other terminal, the station if you can call it was very impressive and clean and airy and spacious, some nice seats to wait as it is a 10 minute round trip , I boarded and found it was a cable pulled train, it has this long cable that connected along the rails and pulled the train along, i think so anyway, the other terminal was a long way away, you had to travel over roads and round the airfield and along some major roads and then into a massive car park and terminal connection building, I was effectively outside the gates and had to go to the Mexicana check in and start all over again, no fuss no funny looks, I almost hate flying through the USA just for the big deal they make of you flying through the country, but being the Biggest terrorist target in the world you just have to accept this problem.

Train Journey


So i had 6 hours to wait for my connection and I went to a giant food court where i had seen a nice Italian restaurant. I had some nice soup and a nice pasta but the only problem was is that after a month in Mexico the food was bland, I need spicy food to tingle my taste buds. I never realised that I enjoy spicy food so much, but at least back in Costa Rica it is summertime, warm and sunny and very relaxing, not crazed driving like the insane border with the USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home