Sunday, March 01, 2009

Madrid Airport, A Lesson in Real Airport Design and Use-ability

I travelled back to Costa Rica this last Thursday and went through Madrid Airport, this si the first time since is has opened the new terminals, i was delighted to find a very nice airy, spacious and well designed place which to travel through. It only took me 10 minutes to move from one terminal to the other and find my gate, very easy when it has been laid out for ease of use and in a way as not to make you stressed but to make you relaxed and happy to be in it, a far cry from Heathrow and Paris charles de gaul. My return trip to spain is in 12 days time and I am flying direct from Costa Rica to Madrid and not through the USA, the airports in the USA are great but man the pain in the ass of getting through Immigration and customs and then security checks are a real killer to motivation of ever using their airlines to fly about. If I have to never fly through the USA again then i may be a little happier with my life. Three cheers for Madrid and good design for air travellers.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home