Sunday, May 31, 2009

Latest Movie Review for May

I have watched a few movies this last couple of weeks mostly through boredom really. There was only average run of the mill stuff but one movie did stand out by a long way and i will start with that one, Wolverine

1), X-Men Origins, Wolverine, 9/10, probably the best movie I have seen since the second Hell boy movie, It had a great intertwined plot with a love story and lots of funny stuff and mountains of Action as you would expect from this movie, The special effects were just spectacular. A thoroughly great movie and left me wanting more, now that is something that doesn't happen very often. Also a great ending that is obviously left open for a follow up. Like what did happen to the brother??

2) Night at the Museum 2, 5/10, a normal sequel type movie all very predictable and tame, took some doing to watch it all the way through. a very average movie and I cannot understand why it has taken so much money at the box office.

3)Angels and Demons, 4/10, a very silly plot as a follow up to the Da Vinci Code, the plot was so silly that I could not get into the film properly, I wanted to believe but it was just rubbish, the fact a history professor was showing the police how to hunt for some very dangerous anti-matter was just laughable. very poor and left me sad that a great movie led to this crap. Sequels don't always work.

4) Fast and Furous 4, 6/10, some very silly stunt work and a silly plot but somehow I was carried along by the story, I actually enjoyed this and expect a sequel out next year sometime.

5)State of Play, 7/10, some great acting and a sort of interesting plot that was thicker than a thick pea soup had me watching all the way through, but afterwards it was a less than thick and a bit thin, I enjoyed it but I was expecting more than the final fizzle out of the plot, but I did enjoy this movie

6) Next Day Air, 4/10, I had seen a trailer and had expected more from this movie, it was a silly sploitation movie with some very average acting by black actors, all stereotype silly stuff, like all blacks do drugs and have guns and have lots of sex, steal everything they see and touch, all mexicans sell drugs and have silly accents, all very predictable, I had to force myself to watch the end. Poor rubbish but if you have an afternoon to kill with nothing at all else to do or to watch, then Ok watch it.

7) Saw 1&2&3 4&5 to go, 0/10, all rubbish but since i have then i will watch them all, just to say I have seen them, really rubbish, all gory stuff, not even average acting, just crap. but better than the pink panther.

8) Punisher(2008), 1/10, I watched this as it came along and it was the goriest movie I have seen ever, really crap story but if was almost a comedy, a black comedy but just rubbish acting just real rubbish

9) Terminator Salvation, 4/10, Very dark and moody movie, when actors whisper to give the movie atmosphere you know they are dealing with weak material, I hate whispering actors, The plot was just too silly again, and the fact the resistance were able to break into the centre of the skynet manufacturing centre was beyond movie magic, just rubbish, nothing but dreary atmosphere and no humour, acting was pretty poor and it tried to focus on the special effects which were OK but didn't compensate for the poor directing and production, Arnold Schwarzeneggar please come back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home