Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cairo is The Re-incarnation of Hell

I have been to some bad places in my working career but Cairo is by far the worse place I have ever been to, travelling dwon side roads full of piles of rotting refuse and goats and chickens and Donkeys full of old cars and millions of people, just a vision of hell that i would never want to witness again. I have seen some of the ancient wonders fo the world and they are fantastic but to imagine a civilisation that could create such wonders and now to think it has come to this, the whole city looks like one nightmare movie about over-population and bad city design. The whole place is a constuction site with quarries for the materials everywhere, just horrific to think people have to live and work in this nightmare. I will never visit this place again just because of it, I loved the ancient pyramids and the temples of the Pharoas but this country is going to hell as fast as possible. I will post all the pics over the next couple of weeks but i am still in Madrid and trying to feel like going back to work.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger slyght said...

welcome to my world for the past 18 months. i'm glad it wasn't just me being bitter.

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have asked me! I still have nightmares about working with Petrobel in the Sinai from many years ago.
Baltika Pete.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home