Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lordy Those Darned Compooter Thangs

Well why do i think that i know better than Microsft and play about with the settings and services and registry of my laptop. I have always been a bit of a fiddler with all things and my very nice and untroubled laptop which has never let me down but i still want to make it go faster and faster. So i was finding loads of documents on the net and i was stopping services and screwing about with the registry and I normally put my laptop to sleep and not rebooting so after 4 days of messing about I finally rebooted it was running really really fast but I couldn't get on the internet, I was screwed, I had made innumerable changes and there was no way I could pinpoint what the change was that screwed me. As everything else was running fantastic i was beginning to realise that it must have been one of the services that i had turned off, so i went back in and re-enabled everything and checked the internet after each one and i found out which one was killing the internet, I was ecstatic and hopping and dancing about the office with delight. So i went back and killed all the other services again and the machine was still running all fast again. I found out there are many services running in the background wich allows an administrator to see what programs I had been running and what I had been doing, something I dont want them to really know. There are loads of crappy little services that can allow hackers to take control of your machine so i am stopping all of them. You can even eliminate the little pop ups that tell you to click here to start and minimize and close, but they didnt work but everything else has worked so i am a happy bunny. Funny how small things entertain when bored out of your skull, my machines were running like a dream again and as it keeps raining there are few butterflies to rescue and the river is oscillating up and down in height by 3-4 meters over a few days depending on the amount of rain we get but that is hardly the sort of stuff to keep me excited for more than 2 minutes. tomorrow may bring some relief as my manager may have some news about my next posting. Hope it is Qatar as i would like to take the wife with me and the little girl so i can have some entertainment after work rather than keep watching TV and DVD's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home