Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Things We Have to Tolerate

Every night when I go to the restaurant, more like a roadside diner and I only go because I am hungry and need food and I don’t have a choice of places to eat, I walk in and they have the selection of food on offer on display under cling film. I always groan inside as I look at the dishes offered up as food for the masses. Always a soup, which to be truthful is very nice. There is always rice and beans with everything, we are feeding hard working people as well as the office loafers. The protein is always big cubes of stewed beef and chicken. I am at the point of never being able to eat chicken ever again, I have eaten more chicken in the months I have worked here than I ever care to think about again. I cannot bear to eat it again while I am working here, it is on the menu every single meal time including breakfast as they have chicken in the soup everyday, god almighty I will be growing feathers and crowing first thing in the morning if I eat anymore goddam chicken. Please give me a prawn curry I will be a good boy today if you give me a prawn curry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home