Thursday, July 27, 2006

Could This Be My last Departure From The Jungle

I am leaving the jungle camp here in Peru this morning and I am now wondering if this is going to be my last time, I had hoped that my last departure was the last but here I am again. Let me first say that it really isn’t that bad it is just that there is nothing to do and zero fun, I don’t get do anything other than work and sleep, this isn’t life. I want more than doing hours at work and trying to get a reasonable nights sleep. This is nothing more than an open prison. I can console myelf with the fact that I do have another project to go to but that is also nothing more than an open prison in Russia, but at least it will be new and I will be interested in taking a look around the place and flying into a new country and speaking with ethnic Russians, it could be entertaining for a while, as long as my company keep to the agreement of two rotations only and then I leave for a warmer country in the middle east, I need warmth, I cannot function below 55F. my blood turns to treacle and I slow to a crawl in cold climates, Just like the Russians I think. I am hoping to get home and relax for two weeks before they send me, so I can watch some cable TV and eat some nice food, drink a few beers and be a normal part of the real world. I am thinking about going to live in Spain for the summer next year in my little town house I have there. It needs some maintenance and I need to be there to supervise it. It would be nice for me to go back and actually spend some time there nearly 4 years after I left the place. I have some plans to tear off the roof and put on a sun terrace and a large master bedroom with on-suite shower, to make it a proper summer house. I could also put in a walled garden an maybe even a garage up in the pines at the back, that would be a nice touch and add significantly to its value. We will see how things shape up

The house from the road in the pines

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home