Friday, August 17, 2007

Last Day On Site In Italy

well all is quiet and slow, the testing we had is finished and the compressor is being stripped down for shipping to Singapore for assembly on the ship to be sailed to its final destination in Angola, oooooh, just had a shiver thinking about that place, thank Lord Buddha that I am not going there. We had a guy here from the main oil company and he was the head of the rotating equipment design department, he was what you would call a boffin, he tried to explain to me how you can measure the energy imparted into the gas stream without measuring the gas velocity, you use Stagnation Temperature and Stagnation Pressure of course, try reading about those in Wikipedia. He was actually a very nice man, a very intelligent and wise man, he ran the whole string test show, demanding test after test and taking his readings and forcing the manufacturer to prove their findings. He was so clever that i really envied him other than he was on salary and limited holidays package so i didn't envy his workload but it was nice to work with a real smart professional engineer for once.

I still have to clean out my laptop and hand it over along with the mobile phone, i have removed all my photos and personal stuff but left all the music on it as someone else may enjoy my taste in hip hop and golden oldies, Dean Martin was fantastic you know. I was brought up in a house where Dean Martin Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby was played by my dad and the Beatles were on the TV playing all their early stuff. Elvis was still alive and swivelling his hips. Jeez i sound really old, unfortunately i am old but i love to swivel my own hips given half a chance and perhaps Darwin can fulfil that.

My sister is coming over next week for a short holiday and perhaps I can show her Florence for the Ufizzi Art Gallery and the Famous painting by Botticceli, the birth of Venus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home