Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My New Home Is Darwin Australia

"Tie me Kangaroo down sport"
this is the title of a very famous Australian song and i bet you can find it on You Tube, so here i am in the far North of Australia in the small tourist town of Darwin. It is very smart and clean and full of tourists, Jeez i hate tourists, I flew in yesterday at 4.30am with no sleep on the flight from Singapore, my body clock had died, it doesn't know what time it is, i have had valium the last 3 nights and I was awake at 3am, I will probably get a good sleep tonight, I had a walk round town yesterday so i could do some shopping and get my Visa Label applied in the Immigration office they have in town, the central business district as they call downtown is tiny, maybe 400 meters long, plenty of bars and clubs that are open all night, there is no beach in CBD as it is a rocky peninsular,

her am I at the seafront, note only a grassy park and no beach, the beach is 5 Km away



The biggest problem here is trying to find some acommodation, this is full tourist season and everything is full, I am having to beg my company to give me some money to buy furniture so i can then rent a nice place without have to rent a tourist place, which are overly priced and not very nice. I have to open a bank account and provide identity checks and gawd knows what other things, maybe a urine sample, to then be allowed to use a an Australian bank, it is tricky as i am living in the shittiest hotel in town, we will see how it all goes today, but at least i am here and could be here for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home