Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am Leaving on Jet Plane, La la la la

Well I am at the airport with my bags packed and with my wife having just boarded the flight to Bogota heading to Madrid and myself luckily flying direct, that was just the way the different bookings turned out. We meet again in Madrid and fly onwards together to Malaga. It has been mostly a smooth operation with multiple hiccups along the way with hidden paperwork to be completed along the way but that is the nature of Latin America, The British Consulate kept on saying how the British dont need this paperwork and it is all unnecessary but if i want to live in Spain then I had to keep on plugging away at it all, like getting it all stamped by several offices, I found this maddening, it is just a way to keep people employed.

I have found a great guy in Spain who is my neighbour, a retired Bank Manager who has his head screwed on right and is dead reliable, he is my taxi driver and project manager in all things housey in spain, he has supervised the installation of my super heating/airconditioning system and hot water heater and sat dish and decorating and probably other things i didn't know about, what a guy and he loves red wine, what a combination, I will have to buy him a crate of wine.

I have my manager desperate to get me working and I am trying to get more time off to get things sorted in spain before i start traveling again. Life is a burst of energy in the beee hive then you die so lets get buzzing. Later from the sunny if cold Costa Del Sol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home