Saturday, March 07, 2009

Movie Review Update

I have again been watching lots of movies as I have a high speed internet connection and it is easier to download one than go and rent a movie from the shop that also has all pirated DVD's anyway. So I am trying to catch up on all the Oscar nominated movies and I can say that once again the nominations have gone for the misery filled human tragedy cases, why oh why do the oscars want to do this, life is so full of misery we want to be uplifted with laughter and humour and action, not some sad case of human exploitation and mental illness. So I am following on with this months updates.

1) Slumdog Millionaire 5/10, I can say seeing the misery of Indian life made my wife feel ill and asked me to turn it off, especially the mutilation of a child to make them better beggars, it was well filmed but the ending didn't justify me watching the movie to accept what i already new that india is as corrupt and any other third world country and Police torture just at a whim is pretty typical of the third world so I wouldn't recommend it.

2) Inkheart 4/10, watching Bredon Fraser be a useless whimp is hard to accept in a movie so he was very badly selected for this movie maybe Hugh Grant but not him. It centred around him being useless and that was it really, could have been a good plot but lost on him.

3) Bedtime stories 6/10, Adam Sandler in another silly movie but it was well put together and kept all of us here entertained for the whole movie. Still a bit silly but I laughed a few times.

4) The Forbidden Kingdom 8/10, I was not expecting much from this but in the end , jackie chan did a great job of making it very watchable and we had a very good time, it was really well filmed and well put together and I saw Jet Li laugh for the first time ever, he is a very moody actor normally.

5) The Duchess 9/10, I like historic costume dramas and this one was up to the mark,
Keira Knightley was excellent in this and she is getting better as an actress, what made this even better for me was the fact that the house it was based around, Chatsworth House, is about 10 miles from where I was born. I have been around it several times and it is quite stunning.

6) Burn After Reading 5/10, This was overblown and it was a very silly movie with no real start or end and just drifted along, Brad Pit only did this for his friend George Clooney, he was wasted and so was the film, not recommended

7)Madea Goes to Jail 0/10, the director also deserves to go to Jail for this pile of crap, why it is in the top of the movie charts must say something about the quality of the movies going about at the moment, it was two movies in one and not really joined, not funny and a rip off of Big Mama, and it was conspicuous of its absence of white actors, don't they call these movies sploitation movies, just awful acting awful directing and nothing going for it at all, I couldn't actually finish it as it was so awful.

8) Underworld: Rise of the Lycans 8/10, this was well filmed and had a great sense of the underworld all the time, a love story in the plot which didn't seem like two movies in one, unlike the previous film, the action was gory but entertaining, a real cinema movie and i would recommend this to an action horror movie buff.



9) The Mummy, tomb of the emperor, 2/10, it could have been the tomb of Brendon Fraser, this was a dead movie from the start, with two wooden actors, the lead woman and the supposed son of Brendan, this destroyed the movie and her horrible fake posh english accent just deserved to be dubbed over it was so bad. The plot was silly and too loose. Just an excuse for Brendan Fraser to be the mummy killer again. Rubbish, yes I know it is an old film.

10) City of Ember, watched 15 minutes before i fell asleep. so I will review it next time around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home