Friday, August 07, 2009

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

I am starting work in Malaysia on the Island of Sarawak but have to fly through KL to get to the island. The airport is a really perfect design and very spacious and far better than anything in the UK, how can these developing countries get such great airports and the Brits have to tolerate crap, it is about saving money, On this trip i had a bad trip, i had to fly from Malaga to Paris Charles De Gaul, the airport is as ugly as the old politician used to be, then fly to Amsterdam, which is a pretty good airport, one enormous terminal building. But arriving in KL was a delight, no crowds and an easy way to a busy immigration, pity it was so busy, i think 3 planes had all landed at the same time and I needed to pee so i missed getting to the front of the queue, I did get ripped off by the taxi touts, I was asked if i needed a hotel, i said yes and was offered the 5 star at the airport or a 3 star a bit further away, I said 3 star even though it isn't my money, I am a tightwad deep down. but the little bit further away was actually like 30 Km, and the hotel was tiny and cheap but to be honest it was acceptable and clean and the food was honest home style chinese food. it was great like any takeaway chinese food, I just hope that all the food in Malaysia is just as good. Only problem i can actually see is the air is full of smoke from the forest that is being burned completely to the ground, I passed a woodyard that was piled high with cut trees and being cut and chipped and basically removed and everything else in the forest is being burned and then turned into Palm oil plantations, these are the lungs of the planet but not for much longer, what will the planet become without all these wild places, my thought for the day.

KLIA




KLIA




KLIA


1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you at Petronas Bintalu? I've just spent the day in Miri, Northern Sarawak as I'm working just over the border in Brunei.
Baltika Pete.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home