Friday, September 04, 2009

How Fragile Life is

I have been working very long hours here and I am only working and sleeping, nothing else, I do it for a few reasons, mainly for the money, the job is really interesting but i am worn out with the long hours but i enjoy what I do and the travel is also interesting. But you sometimes have events that make you think about what your doing, a woman who was working on site as grass cutter was found gasping for breath and going blue, it turned out to be an asthmatic and she only had an empty inhaler, the ambulance took more than 25 minutes and the guys who found her picked her up and took her in a car to the site clinic, but she died before she got there, she was thinking about the money she was making that morning on her way to work, maybe even what she was going to buy with the money, but she never made it home and I do think about the possibility of me having an accident, either travelling about, flying or driving in crazy countries, or dying in an explosion in a refinery or a poisonous gas cloud, life is like that, the mystery of not knowing. its like my idea that the more others die the better odds I get of living longer. Sad but a pretty obvious result of others misfortune. I am still travelling to Australia on the 13th of September, beer and barbies here we come.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Edwin Si said...

"the more others die the better odds i get of living longer" --> another extreme point of view =) (from the cuttlefish's friend, Edwin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home