Thursday, November 17, 2005

Plot Hatched , Fruition Basically Zero

Well my plot has come to fruition but the results are not what I had expected. I wanted to be fired from this project but all I got was a delegation from the Environmental dept, the boss and his sidekicks. I was almost laughing at the pathetic attempt to make it look all serious and as though I was a perpetrator of heinous crimes. The end result is that I am not allowed to make a collection of butterflies on my desk as beautiful as they are, and I am using the words of the boss, I am still allowed to bring them back from the unit and take photos of them but I am not allowed to keep them on my desk. If it wasn’t so ridiculous it would be contemptible. The only reason they gave was visiting government people may see them. So it wasn’t that obvious I had been giving the inspector a guided tour of my butterflies. We will see what the inspector can conjure up back in the office with any presentation she will give with pictures of my desk full of butterflies. The other thing that happened to day was a meeting with the plant engineering manager and it was one of them meetings where he finally realised that talking to someone with more experience of the Gas Turbines than him is very useful and could be beneficial to the operation of the plant.
Meeting goes something like this, “David, we have had a meeting and we need to find out what are the root causes of the failures of our units”, “Jose the root cause is that you have no spare parts and we cannot do any maintenance”, “oh, that seems important”, “yes, and you bought a very cheaply put together unit so now your suffering from having cheap crap on it”, “oh , yes that also seems important”, “if you want higher availability then you will need to spend lots of money”, “oh OK thanks Dave”.

So after 30 minutes of a meeting, I now get free hand at ordering mountains of spares and perhaps a new fire and gas protection system. Sounds good to me so I will go crazy and order everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home