Saturday, January 14, 2006

Coasting On my New Transport, In Francaise

Bonjour tout mon blogbuddies, aujourd'hui j'ai senti comme vie avait changé un petit et c'était tout jusqu'au fait que j'ai mon propre transport, just teasing


Hello all my blogbuddies, today I felt like life had changed a little and it was all down to the fact that I have my own transport, provided by the client here and it has given me a release from the tedium of walking to and fro the plant. Admittedly it isn’t far but far enough to make my feet sore after doing it 3 or 4 or 5 times a day and walking all round the plant. It didn’t make me really tired but just feeling a little worn out and irritated that I had to keep walking all the goddam time. So last week they had a delivery of new bicycles and all the operators got a new one and all the engineers got one and when the top man arrived on site I asked if I could have one, they checked and all had gone but I was offered one of the old ones after it had been through the mechanical workshop. I was sceptical that it would arrive, but true to his word the next day he came smiling to me and offered me the bike he had with him along with lock and chain, as they have a habit of disappearing onto the local boats that deliver good from the next big town down the river that has a road. So yesterday I was scooting about on it and not noticing any difference in my life but today at lunch time I went for a ride out along the river road and found a new lane I hadn’t seen before and I was worried it would end up at the local village where they may eat me or shoot me or something, we are not allowed to make contact with the locals for two reasons. The first being I carry germs that I am immune to and my country has been dealing with for 10,000 years and they tell me that it is possible that I can kill all of them with one sneeze and this has happened before when the first drilling teams got here about 10 years ago. Lots of the local tribes just rolled up their eyes and died where they stood. The other reason and far more important is not to get them into a dependency culture. They don’t wasn’t them sneaking into the plant to offer services to the guys or bringing food to sell or animals or anything, or even having them begging for food and medicine or materials to build houses with. The government is quite happy that they all die alone and out of sight without any help from the outside world and to be honest it would be a good thing as there are too many people out here already. But I could get fired for breaking the rules and that would be a far worse thing to happen and quite distressing it would be for me. I haven’t paid for my house yet.
So I was cycling along this road and it happened to be the old road that leads to the airport buildings and very nice and quiet and scenic almost, wild probably describes it best. There were birds all over the place as they seem to like the small trees and bushes around the road as all the big trees were all cut down while building the plant I think. Some of the giants still stand about but most had been bulldozed or were never there to start with as we are on large sand spit but the river. So I spent about an hour just tootling along nice and slow looking around at the birds and listening to their wonderful jungle calls and even getting off to make no noise at all. It was heaven and I felt like I had taken control of my day away from the company that is keeping me here against my will. So life feels nice and I will sleep a little better and all because I had a bicycle of my own.
My buddy slyght did a drunk Blog last night and it was sooooo funny. It was probably the funniest thing I had read all day, good on yer mate, I need a beer, it sort of releases all the pent up endorphins that get trapped behind all the twisted synatpic ganglion that you have to deal with during the day not shouting at irrelevant things and not cursing at people who urinate on the toilet seat and don’t clean it up like a 5 year old child who wasn’t taught how to do it, perhaps they live in a shanty house and just urinate all over the floor as they are dirt floors. Who knows but I think I could enjoy a beer here as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home