Friday, February 24, 2006

I Really Am Important, Really I Am

Today I was shown exactly how important I really am. I arrived at the airport in Lima Peru and stood in line with all the other poor souls heading towards the dark jungle of south America and the line was going really really slow, so slow as to be not really moving and I also noticed during the hour long wait that the name of the Airline had also changed from the normal AeroCondor to something along the lines of LG or SR or something totally forgettable. As I was getting within spitting distance of the agent she said that’s it boys go home, I was shocked, as I thought they would have recognised me and waved me through. I garbled a terrible request for information in my pathetic Spanish and she asked my name and she said second flight in perfect Spanish, I asked what time and again in perfect Spanish she told me 12.30, so was annoyed I was being bumped until the second flight and went for a Macmuffin, which was terrible nothing like a burger more like sausage. I mailed a couple of messages telling all that I was being bumped until the second flight and then went back and talked with a few of the guys practising to get my Spanish more perfectly terrible. so at 12.20 all the guys got up and I assumed that they were going to stand inline for there tickets but no they had all got their boarding passes and I had nothing, they asked me why I didn’t have a pass and I said 12.30 check in they said no all have been given out your flying tomorrow, I went over the check-in desk and remonstrated with the poor girl, I demanded they take someone of the flight to get me on as I was important, I began to shout and almost started banging the desk as I could see my position was futile, she was calling people and using the radio and after 10 minutes she said with total finality, NO CHANCE, I was deflated, the other problem was that I couldn’t speak to anyone as it was only 2 minutes before take off, I resigned myself to another crappy sleep in Lima in a hot bedroom. I went back to my hotel and then back to the oil company offices and mentioned the appalling decision to fill the planes with cooks and cleaners and gardeners but leave the gas turbine engineer behind, thank god this is my last trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home