Saturday, April 22, 2006

I Hate Modern Technology

I am on my first full day in the Malvinas camp in the Peruvian Amazon on this rotation and I am trying to make my new camera respond to my PC, I am having no luck at all. I am getting seriously pissed off with my new $1000 camera and it looks like I am going to have to buy some more hardware to deal with this crazy situation. Canon have made the camera only respond to its own software and made it as complex as humanly or inhumanly possible. Why cant it just show the memory card like an a disk drive like every other camera on the planet. Oh no it needs to be special, I have checked out the internet and found many other people also struggling with it and eventually just buy a card reader and take out the card and plug it into the PC. Simple enough but it needs more hardware. My computer backpack is seriously overloaded already and I didn’t want more cable and shit making it worse. Other than that the camera is fantastic and I just need some time to get the telephoto working, the macro lens looks like it is going to make things very easy for me. I just hope I can get some shots of the tiny butterflies that live on this camp site.
Crazy Giant Beetle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home