Friday, May 05, 2006

I Have a New Hobby

I have finally found a hobby that is keeping me happy and entertained. I have been looking for a good book that shows photos of the birds of Costa Rica but there isn’t one available, so I have decided to create a CD book of the birds of Costa Rica written in HTML. I have been finding lots of photos on the internet but as we all know they are copyright protected.
Does that really matter, the photographers all say we will provide you with higher resolution pictures but for HTML, smaller pics are better to get more onto a page so I am happy with the free ones. I have been trying to get more functionality but my knowledge of HTML is limited, I can always make changes later. I even found the full taxanomic names of all the birds in Costa Rica on a web site, that saved me about 2 weeks typing, so I am building the pages at the rate of about 15-20 a day but I will get quicker I hope as I get more skilled, the pages have no script only photos and the English name. I was even thinking as Costa Rica has no laws about anything I could even start hawking these around the tourist hotels as a hobby, visit a place and sell them a dozen CD’s at about $20 a go, it will make my holidays cheaper. The other side to this is that all the birds in the region are all the same and the pics would be the same and only the front page header would change, from Costa Rica birds to Nicaraguan birds and Panamanian birds. I could start my little retirement plan, all on pirated pics from the net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home