Thursday, April 27, 2006

My New Camera, Wish I Knew How To Operate It

I have been practising with my new camera and found it a fantastically easy thing to use. The only problem I have is the limitations of the cheap end lenses I bought. In shade outside it is still wanting to use the flash for gods sake. It cannot compensate easily for dim lighting. But with the telephoto I can zoom in on birds and it looks like I cannot get much but the pictures are better on the PC than what you think, the focus is tricky being auto and you have to keep pressing the shutter for it to focus on the thing your looking at and not the one it thinks your looking at. So it is a great camera but the pictures are huge up to 5 MB and that is just too damned big. I will have to shrink them and delete the original. I have a new huge 250 GB HDD for films and music but even I cannot afford to drop 200 pictures onto my new HDD, that would consume 1GB alone. I wish I could take the camera into the plant, I could take pictures of the bats before I rescue them, I have had two rescues this trip so far and todays had a face like a horse, a long snout and huge nostrils, it was covered with mites along the edge of its ears and I was going to try and remove some of them but it was very frisky and really needed to get away, so I took it to the fence and released it ,it actually went back into the plant and I lost sight of it, I had inadvertently took it away from its home on the other side of the plant probably, it would have been cursing under its breath, something about making me fly all this way back to my hole in the tree, who does he think he is, God or something, as though bats believe in God.
This was taken with the new telephoto and I have zoomed in with the PC to be able to identify it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home