Monday, May 01, 2006

My Time Consuming Challenge

Anyone who has worked as a field engineer knows that killing the spare time in a worthwhile manner is key to enjoying rather than hating the time away from home. Another blogger Saddle Tramp was mentioning the fact that she reads a lot while on the road, well I like to read but on the net, many hundreds of pages do I consume, checking details of information and lots of science based stuff and many environmental news items. I also try and check out the birds and butterflies I see here, I managed to get hold of a CD with all the birds of the neo tropical region here and it has photos of the birds, I naively assumed it would have all the pics and have good pics, but they are rubbish amateur stuff and only about half of the species has pics. This gave me a challenge. I have to get a copy of a picture of a bird species and a good picture and then I may create a web page with all the pics I get from the web and use it as an identifying birding page. Only problem is that all the pics I steal are copyright protected and I could be up for copyright infringement, so I am not sure about the use of others pics on web sites that are not for profit. But at least I am finding some great web sites with lots of great pictures that I can check out and steal. It looks from all the sites that a great birding place in Brazil is the Pantanal, it is teeming with so many species it could be a place for my future holidays of adventure.
Some Birders Missing the Bird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home