Saturday, May 13, 2006

Killing Time and Making the Most of My Book Creating

I am making the most of my time while I am here, I am downloading pictures of birds for my book while I have the LAN, and making the pages as fast as I can, I have been trying to relax while I am here this time as it can ruin my sleep routine if I let the job get to me, not that it does too much but a little stress can just make me sleep so goddam light, the other night someone had the radio on oin the next room until midnight and I was getting irritated enough to start banging on the wall and the radio stayed on so I then got up and started banging on his door really loud and shouting turn off your radio, nothing, it wasn’t for another 30 minutes when the guy actually went back to his room and turned it off, he wasn’t in so it is a good thing really as I was at the point of ringing his neck. I had to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep after that.
We had to senior managers here from lima to look at the plant and the units tripped while they were here and they started throwing about a phrase they must have heard from a chat show, they wanted “root cause analysis” of the shutdowns, so we make a list form the last 12 months and they we discover that the vast majority is actually the gas plant and not my turbines, funny isn’t it that root cause analysis can make some people look like fools, so they should have kept their mouths shut, I have relayed the information to my project manager and let him have a laugh about it also.
My wife is moving the house alone while I am here in the jungle and she is organising people to do the work that is required for the finishing off house, like some tiling around the laundry area and some small screens for the doors to keep the rain off the nice woodwork. Plus a proper electric instant hot water heater, they installed a giant hot water tank that would cost the earth to heat up just in case we needed it, so we are getting an instant heater in to use with the showers, hot water is only needed for showering and nothing else really the cold water in Costa Rica is actually tepid so you can do everything with that, washing the pots and washing your face, very nice actually. The only problem I have is that the condo has a security charge and that is $150 a month at the moment and I am going to have to put a stop to that and fire the guards as they do nothing. 24 hour security is OK as long as it is needed, the condo is inside a gated secure community anyway so that is over the top. Screw that I am not going to pay to have someone open the gate for me, I can do that myself and save $150 a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home