Sunday, May 07, 2006

Life in The Jungle

I know I have been working here in the jungle far too long as I am getting accustomed to some strange things. When I go collecting the butterflies from the screens, one particular species emits a chemical as a defence mechanism, the only thing is that even though it is stinky pungent I am getting to enjoy the smell. Now this could be worrying, is it the start of something really disturbing happening to me, I was nearly knocked over by the smell of one of the office workers who obviously is a soap dodger so at least that smell I still find repulsive.
I have seen my first Toucans in the jungle here, they were huge but right up a big tree as i was trying to get a picture of them with my telephoto lens,
My Toucan In The Jungle



I am now the owner of a new house in Costa Rica and my wife is now busy dusting and cleaning and discovering the faults with a newly built house. We have to have some tiling done ourselves in the kitchen and laundry area but other than that it is complete and I am going to have to move all the boxes of books and junk of mine when I get back in 2 weeks time. I am really looking forward to it as the house is treble in size and a garage and tool store and is in a warmer part of the central valley, it is quieter and more secure, no wandering salesmen as it is in a gated community, only problem is no garden to speak of as it is in a condo, I am looking at buying the plot behind the house to turn into a large garden, but I am broke and that will have to wait until I sell my existing house and that is going to be a while yet. But at least I can shower in my new large bathroom and not listen to the traffic anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home