Thursday, August 03, 2006

All Aboard the Crazy Job Express

If you have read this before you may have noticed that I have been banging on constantly that I need a change of project, it had become almost desperate that I get out of the Peruvian jungle and get me to some place where I can do normal things, Peru was an open prison. So I had officially left and was sent to Florence , the home of my job giving office, and met loads of people involved with my so-called new project and did loads of paperwork with the project and then when I got home I was sent back to Peru for a two week filling in as they needed to get this other guy to Tunisia or some other place in the desert, well I left Peru with gladness again thinking I was going to Russia, I went to the Caribbean for a small break after I got back and turned off the cellphone to make sure we didn’t get urgent calls for anything. when we turned it back on there were many messages from my manager and asking me to contact them urgently, this meant something somewhere had turned to shit and life was going to be difficult again, I checked my email when I got home and there were going to send me to Qatar, which again if you had read this is a favoured destination of mine, so I was happy but they wanted me to go that day, well this is basically starting to turn into slavery, I have been home 4 days and now they want me to leave again, I got them to call me and found out the date had been put back a little but still it is this week I leave, giving me not much time to arrange my dental trip , sorting out all my expenses and timesheet paperwork, checking out all my photographs from the beach, to make a small aside we went venturing out into the mountains on the return from the beach and it is so sad to find the forests have been smashed into nothing and leaving bare grass fields for cows to graze in, but we walked passed the cows and towards some trees that we supposedly down the side of a small creek, we found a huge gorge actually that descended to some rushing river and it was a tricky walk down and along the way we found these Blue jeans frogs that are poison arrow frogs and as small as froglets in the UK and USA, we then got down to the river to find an almost crystal clear and pristine river that supported the dipper birds here and it was very nice uplifting to find something like that amongst the bare fields, I also saw some fantastic birds in the woods behind the beach, I wish I had a holiday home there or that I could retire there next week, I have been seriously thinking about how long I can take this crazy job for, I was planning on 10 years before I start working part time, I have a plan to deal with my money that is tied up in my Spanish house. I am thinking of travelling to Spain and building a thirds floor on it , with a huge master bedroom with on-suite bathroom and a roof terrace to allow secret nude sunbathing, and also build a garage and walled garden behind the house in the pines, this will make it sell easier as it has been on the market for 3 years without a buyer, I could drop the price to nothing to give it away, but if I spend $20,000 I will make $40,000 back and then I could start thinking about working part time as the house is worth $250,000. that would let me just become a beack bum and keep taking pictures all the time on the beach, pity my pictures are so average.

My average photo of a Dipper




Crazy Poison Arrow Frog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home