Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting Ready to Leave For Oz

Well it is that time of project again, I am starting to look at packing and clearing all the shite that has accumulated on my table in the hotel, what can I see here, 7 bottles of water, a half eaten packet of potato chips, two half eaten bags of jellies and a pile of papers from my laptop bag that need sorting out someday, my clothes bag looks like a land mine was placed beneath it and detonated, things are hanging out in a very disorderly fashion, I was asked a good question by a young guy on site today, he asked if I liked my job, I told him I have a fantastic job, I get to travel the world see different places work on huge prestigious projects and work on modern high tech plants and equipment and as a contractor i don't have to answer to anyone apart from my wife. He seemed quite impressed about what i do and where I go and he said he was motivated to do something along the same lines, he is tied to a contract with his employer though for 10 years as The company paid for him to go through university, he did say that if he was prompted he would leave and pay back his debt, but he seems quite happy for now, oh the joys of being a young engineer, life is so easy for them, no responsibilties, no worries about wives and children, no house bills to pay nothing to stop them having a good time, for me well I lose sleep about many crazy things that rush around my head, but my wife seems to think I prefer to be away working rather than be at home, but nothing is more from the truth, but my work ethic is such that i cannot and couldnot sit about at home for long extended periods, i need to work for my mental health and Jenny refuses to accept this, maybe one day she will understand,

So it is off to Australia in winter even though it is 30 C where i am going to work but the humidity is pretty low compared to here and I have a reasonable supermarket behind my hotel where I can get beer and Yoghurt for breakfast, as there is no restaurant in the hotel, we will see when i manage to get away from Karratha this time, maybe for Christmas

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger slyght said...

beer for breakfast... you rebel you. have fun on Oz, wish i could go back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home