Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life Down Under, Australia

Well I have been here 6 days now and to be honest my brain is worn out with the continuation of long hours and now I am working on night shift, this is totally my own fault for volunteering but I did get to see my old workmates here in Oz, I arrived in Perth at midnight and found the place very cold as it is spring time, in the morning i was flying up to Karratha the skies were grey and it again was cold and I didn't bring any warm clothing at all with me, apart from some denim jeans. I arrived in Karratha to see the blue sunny skies over the semi desert of the northern Pilbara region, it was warm in the day but at night it is windy and again almost fresh but not quite. During the night shift the work is slow as we are just supervising and helping when they have a problem. it is frustrating to find I am not really needed but I have created a lot of problems as home with Jenny my lovely latina wife, she was understandably upset when I postponed my return to go on working for an extra 2 weeks, I have this crazy work head of mine that impels me to work as much as possible as I may go poor, this is crazy but my mother made me like this.

So now i am trying to make amends with Jenny and also plan for taking off the next 3 months to sort out some work on the house and try and get healthy again as I am feeling totally worn out. I need some rest and recreation and some de-stressing.

There is a large old Kangaroo on site that sits around the restaurant and waits for people to feed it, he is so old his ears have no fur left but he seems happy to eat an apple or two. That is life in night shift Oz for now,

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger slyght said...

i have a similar problem. i'm avoiding life and seeing friends and family in order to stay out of the country 11 months to get my taxes back. also, i'm afraid to leave my company in this shite economy for fear of being unemployed, despite having, what some may consider, a more-than-decent nest egg set aside. we suck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home