Saturday, November 19, 2005

Summertime Blues

Today was what looks like the beginning of the summer/winter depending on your point of view, the temperature doesn’t alter a great deal but the amount of rain does alter immensely. It has rained everyday for the last week but just a quick storm but it is making it very humid. The locals regard this as winter as it is miserable with loads of rain everyday but technically speaking it is the summer. Now I am a sun worshipper in fact it is the only thing I do worship is the sun perhaps the sun god Ra. He ripeth the fruits I eat and darketh my pasty skin with a goldeneth aura. I love getting my nearly naked body in the sun. This site bans the use of short sleeve shirts and trying to go sunbathing unless you are trying to get thrown off site. So even though I am in the tropics I go white again and I have to top up the tan when I get back home. This trip I will probably go back to the Caribbean as it is so delightfully relaxing and quiet and reasonably cheap unless you stay over Christmas and I don’t really want to. I don’t want to miss all the repeat films and the repeat national geographic specials and all the other repeat stuff. no actually I don’t want to spoil myself by spending more than 10 days at the beach, from being on the beach ti flying back to Peru in 2 days would be far too depressing, I have to be here for the new year which in my book isn’t that bad as I cannot ever remember having a great new year ever. Mostly too many drunk people, I did have one good one where I sang karaoke all night with the guy running the show and it was all female singers, I laughed a lot but that was a rarity. So this year I am going to spend 5 days in Florence for meetings then go to the beach for my birthday and hopefully celebrate my next project in Trinidad being awarded to me. I love a small town called Cahuita and it is a tourist destination that has the only coral reef containing national park and is alive with wildlife.






The cabin is 100 meters from the sea and it is amongst the coastal forest, full of racoons and sloths hanging from the coconut trees on the beach huge iguanas everywhere and more birds than you can shake a stick at, plus you get offered recreational drugs all through the town

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home