Friday, November 18, 2005

Talk Talk and an Invitation to Heaven

Today is a good day for me as I have been joined by an English speaker, and this after 3 weeks of broken English is total joy. Not having to explain in stuttered English or my horrendous Spanish is a delight. I am working as assistant to him helping get our remote monitoring equipment working again and for once I feel like I am using my brain on a job. He was here about 5 months ago and we have many things to catch up on like jobs and houses and computer shite. Like old buddies, funny old game this travelling engineer business. I really miss working hands on, there is something very satisfying about putting some wires together and making the unit work as a whole, a bit like a giant toy but this one can explode and kill you and is very hot all the time, a little like Mike Tyson.
I have just gotten my invitation to meet and greet all the project managers for this site in Florence Italy and this time I am going, I turned this down last time as I had only just arrived and was still suffering from Jetlag and homesickness basically. Only thing is that it is late autumn and will be cool and windy and rainy. So not much visiting this trip but at least I get to meet all the guys again in the office. Perhaps I can do much investigating for the transfer to Trinidad as that is my priority for the next few months.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger slyght said...

one good thing about being over here at blogspot is your page loads WAAAAAAY faster. i'm on a shite 56k cellular modem that isn't even CLOSE to that. so it helps me. have fun in florence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home