Saturday, April 22, 2006

Crazy Lima Town

I travel in and out of Lima to get to my work site in the jungle and spend 1 night each time. The airport is on the edge of town and you have to travel 20Km to the hotel. It is a frightening experience and to be honest I have never seen such appalling driving. I also have never seen so many taxis and small buses also. It is a sea of yellow and white taxis all driving like total psychopaths weaving about without a care in the world, probably all coked up to work 200 hours a week to make ends meet. Fortunately my driver is from a firm that probably pays better and it is a limo service, by name only, and the car looks better and the driver doesn’t smell bad and it is usually an automatic making it far smoother. But yesterdays driver was all pissed off about something and was wanting to die in a horrible high speed crash, I am not normally frightened by taxis but this guy had me asking God for forgiveness for all the sins I was going to commit over the next 25 years if he let me live long enough to commit them. Quite honestly I will be glad to be driving in the middle east, when I finally get there, and be able to weave about myself and frighten others but I am sure I will be much safer than driving in the seething mass of kamikaze drivers in Lima.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home