Thursday, May 18, 2006

Buddha Was Right There Waiting for Me to Get Overexcited

At least I am not dead on the top of the Andes being eaten by the locals, not much of me left after the flu has taken is toll, but it felt just as bad as crashing, I was stood left feeling dazed as all the passengers got off the plane and I didn’t recognise anyone of them, my colleague wasn’t on the plane to relieve me, this was the first flight and sometimes he has caught the second, so I had to abandon my attempt to leave and went back to ring the main office to postpone my taxi, but I was dealt a bigger blow as the women said “didn’t you read his mail that he was flying tomorrow”, all the life and wind just left my body as though I was descending to hell. I could see the look on my wife’s face as she has to move house without me and calling me names for being away for another important event. I couldn’t respond immediately, I was shocked but what could I do, I couldn’t say I was leaving now, the customer wouldn’t allow it as they would have no cover, I am too much of a professional to start screaming and howling, I just had to suck it up an face the fact my wife was going to tear strips of me over the phone. I had even allowed myself to feel a little better at the fact I would be home in 24 hours, but I am feeling crap again and miserable to boot. I am sat in the office dressed for real life and no clothes with me as they are in a bag at the camp airport terminal building. I am depressed and at the point of getting in a boat and sailing down to the Amazon river mouth, I need to get out of the this crappy jungle. A month in the tundra will do me good and a week in Florence on my way to get my visa is even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home